-
August 23rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Lots of folks have been asking me just when I'd have some Marvel Legends 6 reviews up, and today they start! I have a review of Deadpool up, while Coheteboy checks in with his review of the brown Wolverine. Unless you've been living under a rock (or hate articulation), then you know these figures are excellent! You can check out both reviews at the usual:
http://www.mwctoys.com
I told my wife that this coming week would be a vacation away from the computer, so I won't be answering much email. The reviews for Tuesday and Thursday night should go up on schedule, but you never know, so things might be a tad up in the air. In any case, don't forget to stop by and enter the August contest!
Michael
MWC
-
August 23rd, 2004, 01:12 PM
#2
levere
Guest
-
August 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
#3
-megalithanod
Guest
The Wolverine is sweet! One of two that I have in hand at the moment.
The only down side is that now knowing Deadpool has a spare head, that means not only finding one of the hard to find figures, but two to display one with each! [img]eek.gif[/img]
This is really one hard line to get the base line and paint variants. In saying they were going to do away with Chase figures, they have in effect created 4 more!
-
August 23rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
#4
levere
Guest
Exactly. Thus far, the brown Cable and Dark Phoenix aren't proving to be any easier to find than any of the past chase figures. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
-
August 23rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
#5
-megalithanod
Guest
And Deadpool and the Regular Phoenix aren't that easy to come by either (Kind of like Electra and Blade 2 were in previous lines).
I just hope once they start hitting in larger number they are easier to find (atleast the regular figures - I am already planning to get reamed for the Dark Phoenix on eBay)
-
August 23rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
#6
levere
Guest
I can't really comment on the other two since I pre-ordered my set but I thought those were packed one per case like the Spidey Classics villians? Are there some case assortments that don't have them at all?
-
August 23rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
#7
-megalithanod
Guest
It seems to be (from what I have gathered from the people in area) that in the cases around here...
It has been one of them per case (meaning either Phoenix, or Deadpool, or Dark Phoenix). I only know of one place that has gotten a Dark Phoenix in my normal shopping run, and have as yet to hear of the Normal Phoenix being seen, but have had one of my "spies" get a hold of a Deadpool for me.
I have no clue what the hell ToyBiz is up to. I know some that have ordered the case have gotten the Deadpool and Phoenix, those that oredered a case from online, but haven't seen it at retail around here yet. That is unless my contacts are starting to turn on me..... [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 23rd, 2004, 02:21 PM
#8
levere
Guest
Well that stinks. I thought there was one Deadpool and one Phoenix in every case. I can't imagine what ToyBiz is thinking either. [img]confused.gif[/img]
Hopefully they'll show up in greater numbers eventually. I hate having to go to the secondary market to get the 'common' figures. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
-
August 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
#9
-megalithanod
Guest
You and I both!
I am not to worried about the short packs now, as in effect, I have as yet to see a Juggernaut, DeadPool, or Phoenix on the peg. Seen a couple of Brown Wolverines, TJ Punisher, and a couple of Cables. They has only been a few cases come into 2 or 3 places in town so far. One TRU, one WalMart, and one comic shop.
The comic shop received the Dark Phoenix and they immediately put it up on eBay (bastids). Initial asking is 49.99 (over what the current going price is on eBay anyway).
I will only worry in a month from now after WM, TRU, K-Mart and Target have received a ton of cases and not restocking, and I haven't seen them [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 23rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
#10
Inactive Member
argh! I wish I coudl find that badass Deadpool! I haven't even SEEN Juggernaut, Deadpool, or Pheonix in person! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks